This page is for more information about my professional capacities. Feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call me (562.331.0226) to discuss anything below.
Below is my curriculum vitae. It is many pages long but basically explains my professional and volunteer engagement in all the many capacities involved in being a leader in the environmental conservation movement in Long Beach, California since April 2004. A basic summary is:
- I got involved in wetlands restoration while attending California State University, Long Beach (eventually getting my Bachelor's Degree in Comparative World Literature) through a local non-profit as a volunteer
- I then worked as an employee for the company, managed the company, started my first environmental company (The Lagoon Explorer)
- I started my second environmental company (Tidal Influence), and then grew that into an LLC
- Within those 10 years I have worked on every aspect of being an environmental consultant to non-profits, municipalities, and larger firms: habitat assessments, research projects, jurisdictional delineations, public speaking, workshop facilitation, education, environmental communications, restoration projects, etc.
- I have traveled to Chile and Hawaii as a professional and have managed over 55 interns and two dozen staff
- I have raised over a million dollars for my non-profit clients and have helped raise tens of millions for our partners in the conservation effort
- Throughout the ten years I have volunteered for many panels, board of director seats, and community organizations and currently devote much of my free time to being a volunteer Docent at the Museum of Latin American Art
Personal Job Advertisement
After reading Roman Krznaric's How to Find Fulflling Work, I wrote out a Personal Job Advertisement. This basically flips a 'help-wanted' ad on its head and is more of a 'help-is-here-for-the-right-employeer' instead. It is basically a CV but doesn't show work history and instead shows more of who I am in a professional capacity.
Professional Predictive Index
After sharing the Personal Job Advertisement (above) with my aunt (who happens to be a professional head-hunter), she invited me to take a test called the Predictive index. After describing how I believe people rely on and view me in a professional setting, as well as describing how I view myself in professional settings, this Index shows how I work. It is frighteningly spot on minus a couple qualifications.
Professional and Technical Writing
Below are links to environmental documents that I have produced through my previous companies.